Thursday, September 24, 2009

09-09-24

It's been rough the last few days with so much to do with so little time. Especially when I expect a lot from myself with everything that is thrown at me. The ravens don't help when they start making noise very early in the morning. So, yesterday Brian got some chicken wire and put some on where the ravens like to perch themselves. Hopefully, this time they will make a difference. I need a real good rest.

This morning the moment I opened my eyes, I just wanted to go back to sleep. We've only been getting 2 to 4 hrs of sleep at nights. Not only are the ravens being pests early in the morning, so are some students walking around talking really loud while walking down the hallway after 1:30 a.m. I've been very patient with the accomodation situation, but there comes a point where it really doesn't make sense anymore. Everything seems to be done in a double standard way and it seems there is nothing I can do about it. Just bare it and grin.

Now onto more positive thoughts. Yesterday was my son's birthday and I was happy to hear he went out boating to celebrate his special day. My son is the only boy and he has two sisters. He's the middle child. I remember the day he was born in Winnipeg, Man at 7:24 a.m. He's now a Fisheries Officer for the Government of Canada and he's the manager/supervisor at the Rankin office. He's a well accomplished young man and also raising his own family now. I have the privilege of being his mother.

And the more serious stuff for the day is to participate in the discussion on podcasting. Here is wikipedia's version of what podcast means. Imagine the use of this tool and how it will help the students in the classroom. Another site gives explains "What is Podcasting" and includes articles on how to Make your own Podcast and so on. Overall it seems to be another excellent technology that is useful in a classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment