Wednesday, September 16, 2009

09-09-16

Hmmmm....I'm happy to report that there were no ravens dropping rocks on the vent above the window early this morning. I did make another scareraven and I'm hoping that it worked. This time I stuffed white grocery bags on a old broom stick to make it look like a ukpigjuaq (snowy owl). Brian and I had a discussion before that ravens might be either afraid of snowy owls or they might come around in a big group and attack it. I have yet to see or hear a raven today outside the room. And if this fails in a few days, I have another idea I can try. I don't know why I put brown paper towels on the top cause it looks like a old lady ukpigjuaq.

This morning I did get more sleep and had a weird dream about an older couple from Rankin. So, when I opened my eyes, I was wondering why I even dreamt about them. I hardly ever saw them in Rankin and when I did see them all we did was acknowledged each others' presence by a smile or saying a simple hi. Strange feeling to see them in my dream. Then the next thing I thought of was the alarm didn't go on and I'm late for class. When I checked the clock it was after 7 and realized I didn't get waken up by those annoying ravens. Yay!

As for classes.....today is wednesday and on wednesdays NTEP students have a study day to catch up on assignments. I believe I'm caught up with all the tasks I need to get done. I started reading the chapter on RSS feeds and am impressed with how useful it will be once I learn more about it. Each day of class brings more ways to improves my usage of the internet tools. For the longest time I wondered what RSS feed was and tomorrow we will be discussing it more. Yesterday we learnt about wikispaces and did group work that will be added to wikipedia. So watch from them. It's so much fun to learn something useful everyday. Now to go buy some balloons in case the stuffed bag ukpigjuaq gets swarmed by ravens.

No comments:

Post a Comment