Tuesday, September 15, 2009

09-09-15


I'm happy to say that this morning we did get to sleep in a bit longer because we didn't get bothered by ravens or maybe this time I just didn't hear them. Someone suggested that we make a scarecrow to keep the ravens away, but some punk pulled it off and threw it to the ground around midnight. I'm hoping it still did the trick because when I looked at the clock when I woke up and it was later than usual.


I was so proud of myself when Brian and I put up the scareraven.

When I opened my eyes this morning.....the first thing I thought of was, "Did I do all the tasks I had to get done before this mornings' class?" I think I did and If I seem a bit confused.....I probably am because of the lack of sleep.

Onto the business of the day....In class today we set up a account on wikispaces.com, then as a group we were collecting information on kakivak, pana, and qarmaq so they can be posted onto the online encyclopedia called Wikipedia. It was another fun day to learn new things especially knowing I can use it for my work project. I am so looking forward to setting up a site where we can collect Inuktitut terminology in our many Nunavut dialects and sharing it with teachers and other groups. My vision is it will become a great resource for students and teachers alike and for curriculum developers to take advantage of. I'm so grateful that Jimmy Wales the founder of Wikipedia came up with this brilliant idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment